Category: News Briefs Published on Wednesday, 13 March 2013 08:31 Written by David Sands, huffingtonpost
An environmental group is taking action against an energy utility company they say is responsible for at least 1,400 violations of the federal Clean Air Act. The Sierra Club filed a lawsuit against Michigan's DTE Energy in regards to four Southeast Michigan coal-fired power plants on Tuesday in U.S. District Court, following a notice of intent to sue issued last fall.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)