Category: News Briefs Published on Wednesday, 17 April 2013 08:46 Written by Huffington Post
The jobs gap is talked about a lot in the Detroit region and in Michigan. There’s currently a space between the people we have and the skills needed.
What is the answer? How do we get people employed? After all, we’re at an inflection point in Detroit and Michigan. I spent two days shoulder to shoulder with employers at the Governor’s Economic Summit, and there were a ton of great ideas in there, but also, I believe, some of the answers came from the attendees.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)