While speculations are rife about what Gov. Rick Snyder will do with Detroit Public Schools, Emergency Financial Manager Robert Bobb is set to answer questions about the critical future of DPS at a special education breakfast forum Feb. 18 on the campus of the University of Michigan-Dearborn, Fairlane Center, North Quad E.
The forum, “What Comes Next? DPS in the Next Year and Beyond,” will be a candid conversation between Bobb and Michigan Chronicle editor Bankole Thompson.
The event is free and open to the public and is part of the university’s “Issues in Diversity and Social Change” lecture series. It will begin with a breakfast at 8:30 a.m. and the conversation will be from 9 to 10:30 am.
Bobb will take questions from students of the university as well as teachers, parents, political and business leaders.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Mike Duggan announces official run for mayor (1)
- Detroit gears up for historic March on Woodward celebration (1)
- UPDATE: Election commission decides to keep Duggan on the ballot (1)
- African Americans Must be a part of Detroit New Development Growth (1)
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell? [Video} (2)