LANSING, MI — Michigan Senate Minority Leader Gretchen Whitmer has responded to a resolution approved by legislators to make "International Talk Like a Pirate Day" official in the state.
Whitmer, D-East Lansing, spoke Tuesday, June 4, after the passage of the resolution sponsored by Sen. Roger Kahn, R-Saginaw Township.
"I just want to thank the senator from the 32nd District for making the most compelling argument he could for a part-time legislature," Whitmer said. Continue to MLive...
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)