Category: News Briefs Published on Tuesday, 02 July 2013 16:59 Written by Huffington Post
After Michigan allowed the sale of explosive airborne fireworks for the first time in 71 years last year, the Patriot Fireworks Company had to deal with a unique problem. Customers were so impatient to try out their just-purchased goods, a store co-owner said, that a few of them lit up while still inside the shop.
"You'd think they'd know better, but I've had to tell people not to do it in there," Tracy Wolf, who owns the company with her husband, told The Huffington Post. She said there are now signs outside her 24 locations explicitly telling customers it is a fire hazard to shoot fireworks less than 300 feet away from a store.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!