Category: News Briefs Published on Thursday, 01 August 2013 11:18 Written by Michigan Chronicle Staff
Page 1 of 2
The Michigan Film Office announced today the feature film Money is Money has been approved for a film incentive from the state. The twist-filled thriller is set in Detroit and the surrounding areas and is scheduled to film later this summer.
"Factors including our compelling locations, strong crew base and competitive incentive program led to Money is Money filming here in Michigan over competing locations," said Margaret O'Riley, director of the Michigan Film Office. "Another compelling factor was the positive experiences in Michigan several key members of the production team had previously. Repeat business like this is a testament to Michigan as a filmmaking destination."
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)