Category: News Briefs Published on Thursday, 01 August 2013 11:18 Written by Michigan Chronicle Staff
Page 1 of 2
The Michigan Film Office announced today the feature film Money is Money has been approved for a film incentive from the state. The twist-filled thriller is set in Detroit and the surrounding areas and is scheduled to film later this summer.
"Factors including our compelling locations, strong crew base and competitive incentive program led to Money is Money filming here in Michigan over competing locations," said Margaret O'Riley, director of the Michigan Film Office. "Another compelling factor was the positive experiences in Michigan several key members of the production team had previously. Repeat business like this is a testament to Michigan as a filmmaking destination."
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)