The Jewish Community Relations Council has invited Bankole Thompson, senior editor of the Michigan Chronicle, to be the speaker at the group’s Oct. 1 board meeting in Bloomfield Hills.
Thompson has been asked to share his perspective on the future of Detroit and Southeast Michigan before one of the most influential civic groups in the region. He will also speak about the upcoming Detroit mayoral and City Council elections and the Detroit Public Schools.
The letter, dispatched by Allan Gale, associate director of the Jewish Community Relations Council, also requested that Thompson take questions from board members after his talk.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)