Photo credit: weallbe.blogspot.com
Nardly Human Services Inc., a social service agency, will host a fundraising program Oct. 17 from 6 to 9 pm to help neglected and abused children at the Plaza Hotel in Southfield. The event will also provide resources to combat abuse. Families touched by child abuse will learn how to get the help they need.
“Child Abuse Prevention Month is in April, but we need to heed our children’s silent cries for help year-round and do what we can to help them,” said Bernard Onwuemelie, president of Nardly Human Services.
C. Paschal Eze, an author and environmentally friendly lifestyle and training consultant whose work includes advocating against child abuse, will give the keynote address. Families who have received support services, will offer testimonials.
For more information, contact Nalani Bradford at (313) 836 553 or Bernard Onwuemelie at (313) 270 2922. Visit the website at www.nardlyhumanservices.org.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Mike Duggan announces official run for mayor (1)
- Detroit gears up for historic March on Woodward celebration (1)
- UPDATE: Election commission decides to keep Duggan on the ballot (1)
- African Americans Must be a part of Detroit New Development Growth (1)
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell? [Video} (2)