The Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA) announces a special award to the Michigan Minority Business Enterprise Center (MMBEC) to increase minority business access to contracting opportunities through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA).
The ARRA provides supplemental appropriations for job preservation and creation, infrastructure investment, energy efficiency and science, assistance to the unemployed, and state and local fiscal stabilization.
On Nov. 6, MMBEC and the MBDA will provide insight on how minority businesses can secure contracts through the ARRA at Cloud 9 restaurant (a minority owned company) located in the Fisher Building. MMBEC is one of seven minority business centers across the country to receive a grant.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (1)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)
- Cop Admits He Made a Black Man Sing, Dance Like Chimp On Video (3)