Category: News Briefs Published on Friday, 04 December 2009 18:49
Unilever released a statement on the Food, Drug and Administration’s website yesterday recalling all Slim-Fast ready-to-drink (RTD) products in cans, due to a possible contamination.
After conducting a quality test, they stated that the RTD products might contain bacillus cereus, a microorganism that may cause diarrhea, nausea and possibly vomiting. However, according to the statement, the probability of having any serious adverse effects if the product is consumed is remote.
Consumers are urged to discard of all RTD products immediately and contact the company at 1-800-896-9479 for a full refund.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)