Category: News Briefs Published on Saturday, 18 February 2012 00:00 Written by Michigan Staff
Each year in character, in manner, and in style, the Michigan Chronicle celebrates 50 phenomenal women who have demonstrated exceptional courage, unwavering conviction, and extraordinary grace during our Women of Excellence program.
The Michigan Chronicle Women of Excellence Awards celebrate local African- American women who inspire others through their vision and leadership, exceptional achievements, and participation in community service.
Women of Excellence honorees are women who exemplify extraordinary stature, poise, and grace. These women do it all while maintaining the delicate balance of filling the roles of helpmate, mother, teacher, and professional.
The women who are chosen for this award are champions of our economic empowerment, the backbone of our religious and educational organizations, and driving forces in politics and community service.
This year in celebration of our fifth anniversary, we will celebrate the achiuevements of urban businesswomen currently serving in a board position or possessing credentials to fill future board openings.
The selected honorees will be celebrated not only by the Michigan Chronicle but by their peers--an exclusive society of 200+ professional women who have previously received this distrinction--during a High Tea in March 2012.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)