Category: News Briefs Published on Thursday, 08 April 2010 14:16
On April 10, the Detroit Police Department along with the Mt. Olive Grand Lodge, an auto theft prevention organization, will be offering Detroit residents free etching on their vehicles.
Used as a deterrent against auto thefts, etching involves engraving the vehicle identification number on all of the vehicle’s windows.
Those interested in participating must present their driver’s license and proof of ownership at the time of service. In addition, they will be provided with documentation to present to their insurance company for applicable discounts.
Participants are to go to the DPD Evidence Garage, 7800 Dix Rd., starting at 10 a.m.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Mike Duggan announces official run for mayor (1)
- Detroit gears up for historic March on Woodward celebration (1)
- UPDATE: Election commission decides to keep Duggan on the ballot (1)
- African Americans Must be a part of Detroit New Development Growth (1)
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell? [Video} (2)