Category: News Briefs Published on Tuesday, 10 July 2012 09:36 Written by Huffington Post
"Anyone want a fighting dog?"
A Detroit rapper named Calicoe recorded a tour of his pad, which may, from the looks of it, house a dog-fighting operation.
Young Calicoe, according to his Facebook and Myspace pages, lives in the Detroit neighborhood of Brightmoor and is supplementing his nascent hip-hop career by raising pit bulls. The rapper, who calls the animals "fighting dogs," seems to crates the pups in the back of his home. Reddit readers flagged this video this morning, and it's quickly going viral.
Calling it, "The worst Cribs' episode ever," Gawker wrote, "There is also a strong suggestion that roosters kept on the premises are also being used for the purposes of staging cock fights. One of them is introduced as 'Grand Champion.'"
The rapper denied the charges on Twitter. "If u find a video of me "FIGHTING DOGS" PLEEEEZE LET ME KNO," he Tweeted.
According to the Humane Society, involvement in dog fighting can result in variable fines and up to five years in prison in the state of Michigan.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell? [Video} (2)
- Earn and Learn Program helps chronically unemployed find careers (1)
- "Hot Lap Ride" with Will Power and the Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix (1)
- Charlie Murphy headlines grand opening of The Comedy Zone (1)
- Gordy explains Ross relationship (3)