Category: News Briefs Published on Wednesday, 11 July 2012 14:13 Written by Huffington Post
PITTSFIELD TWP. (WWJ/AP) - Authorities say a woman has turned herself in to police in connection with a hit-and-run rollover crash that killed two children and injured several others.
AnnArbor.com reports Wednesday the woman was the driver of a Honda Odyssey, the same make and model police were seeking after the June 22 crash on U.S. 23 in Washtenaw County’s Pittsfield Township.
State Police said Dawn Siegel was hauling her 4 children and 2 step-children in the family minivan when witnesses said she was “cut off” by by another motorist driving an Odyssey. Siegel attempted to avoid the vehicle, but lost control on the shoulder and rolled over several times.
Michigan State Police Detective Dale Smith said the woman turned in the vehicle at the same time she turned herself in. Her name isn’t being released pending any possible charges in the case.
The funeral for 11-year-old Ashley Siegel and 14-year-old Jordan Siegel was June 26. They were students at Royal Oak Middle School.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit gears up for historic March on Woodward celebration (1)
- UPDATE: Election commission decides to keep Duggan on the ballot (1)
- African Americans Must be a part of Detroit New Development Growth (1)
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell? [Video} (2)
- Earn and Learn Program helps chronically unemployed find careers (1)