Category: News Briefs Published on Tuesday, 20 April 2010 17:40
Jerome Collins, 49, was charged in Wayne County court yesterday after allegedly working as a security guard at St. John’s Riverview Hospital while on duty as a Detroit police officer.
Collins, who did double duty from November 2007 to November 2009, received over $15,000 in wages from the City of Detroit for work not performed. He is currently suspended without pay.
If convicted, he could face up to five years each for Larceny by False Pretenses and Misconduct in Office, both felonies.
His arraignment was scheduled for today at 1:30 p.m.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- UPDATE: Election commission decides to keep Duggan on the ballot (1)
- African Americans Must be a part of Detroit New Development Growth (1)
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell? [Video} (2)
- Earn and Learn Program helps chronically unemployed find careers (1)
- "Hot Lap Ride" with Will Power and the Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix (1)