Category: News Briefs Published on Wednesday, 05 September 2012 14:27 Written by WWJ
ROCHESTER HILLS (WWJ) – Oakland County Sheriff’s deputies say a report of a man being attacked was just a ploy to get attention.
The 28-year old Rochester Hills man called police at 1:30 a.m. Wednesday, claiming he was ambushed by two men near Woodside Apartments, one of whom swiped his knife, held it to his neck and called him a terrorist.
Deputies searched the area and found the knife which appeared to have been placed on the ground. They were unable to locate any suspects or witnesses and the alleged victim showed no signs of injury.
As authorities questioned the man further, he confessed to making it all up to “get attention” from a female friend he was going to visit at the apartment complex.
The man, who Sheriff’s officials say is a law student, is expected to be charged with filing a false police report.
His name was not immediately released.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)