Category: News Briefs Published on Thursday, 27 September 2012 14:01 Written by WWJ
DETROIT (WWJ) - The U.S. Coast Guard and police are investigating the discovery of a body found floating in the Detroit River.
Police told WWJ Newsradio 950 the body was spotted at around 9:45 a.m. along west Jefferson near the Delray boat launch. It’s reportedly that of a black female in her 40s.
Police aren’t releasing an identity and no further details about the deceased were immediately available.
Officials believe that the woman was not in the water very long.
An autopsy is expected to be performed on Friday.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)