Category: News Briefs Published on Monday, 01 October 2012 09:33 Written by WWJ
DETROIT (WWJ) – Some welcome news for drivers today. Gas prices are going down again.
AAA Michigan reports that the average price of gas statewide is $3.879 per gallon. The average price dipped 2.2 cents this week, following last week’s nearly 11-cent decline, according to the auto club. In metro-Detroit, however, as of this morning, prices were as low as $3.73 a gallon at a station at Six Mile Road and Inkster in Livonia.
However, even though prices are down, the statewide average is still 49.7 cents more than last year.
AAA surveys 2,800 Michigan gas stations daily. To find the cheapest gas nationwide, click here to be connected to the AAA Fuel Price Finder.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- President Obama Hosts Father’s Day Luncheon At White House (1)
- Democrat: IRS Manager Denies Targeting Of Conservative Groups (1)
- Detroit Area Has Strong Legacy With African American Dealers (1)
- What’s in Janet Jackson’s future? (4)
- Whole Foods Slammed For ‘English-Only' Policy As Petition Gathers Signatures (1)