Category: News Briefs Published on Wednesday, 10 October 2012 14:55 Written by WWJ
DETROIT (WWJ) - Detroit police say a man who was apparently trying to steal copper from a transformer on a DTE Energy pole was electrocuted.
Police told WWJ Newsradio 950 that an investigation is ongoing but they believe the 34-year-old man was attempting to remove the copper from inside the pole, located at Putnam and Lawton, near I-96.
Police said he was then electrocuted by a live wire, causing him to fall off his ladder and be left hanging. He appears to have died sometime overnight
A DTE crew cut power to the pole and used a cherry picker to bring down the man’s body.
His name was not immediately released.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Mike Duggan announces official run for mayor (1)
- Detroit gears up for historic March on Woodward celebration (1)
- UPDATE: Election commission decides to keep Duggan on the ballot (1)
- African Americans Must be a part of Detroit New Development Growth (1)
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell? [Video} (2)