Category: News Briefs Published on Wednesday, 17 October 2012 16:05 Written by WWJ
DETROIT (CBS Detroit) So, what do you eatto celebrate the Detroit Tigers impending trip to the World Series (fingers crossed, of course)?
Make it sweet for a sweet season ending.
With buttercream frosting tinted blue and orange, Just Baked is selling Tigers-themed cupcakes for $2.50 each at all its area locations.
Available in chocolate, vanilla and red velvet, they’re decorated with Olde English Ds and baseballs.
Pam Turkin, the company’s chief cupcake officer said Wednesday they were selling as fast as they arrived in stores.
“We actually have four full-time wonderful regular cake decorators that have been working on these all week — gotta do it right, right?” Turkin said.
Some would call them bakers, others would call them all-stars.
Fan reaction was immediate, with hundreds of “likes” and comments on the Michigan-based company’s Facebook page praising the Tigers-themed goodies.
Fan Melissa Bowen Allure wrote: “I bought one of these on Friday and took it to my son at school for his lunch! He loved it!”
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell? [Video} (1)
- Earn and Learn Program helps chronically unemployed find careers (1)
- "Hot Lap Ride" with Will Power and the Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix (1)
- Charlie Murphy headlines grand opening of The Comedy Zone (1)
- Gordy explains Ross relationship (3)