Category: News Briefs Published on Monday, 05 November 2012 14:02 Written by WWJ
YPSILANTI, Mich. (WWJ) – Police say an Eastern Michigan University student could face criminal charges after he made up a story about being robbed at gunpoint on campus.
The student claimed he was robbed of his wallet by four men Friday night on the northern edge of the EMU campus near Huron River Drive and then punched before the assailants fled.
AnnArbor.com says EMU’s report has been forwarded to the Washtenaw County Prosecutor’s office for review and possible charges. The student could also face punishment from the university.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell? [Video} (2)
- Earn and Learn Program helps chronically unemployed find careers (1)
- "Hot Lap Ride" with Will Power and the Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix (1)
- Charlie Murphy headlines grand opening of The Comedy Zone (1)
- Gordy explains Ross relationship (3)