Category: News Briefs Published on Friday, 23 November 2012 07:56 Written by WWJ
DETROIT (WWJ) – There’s just some things you can’t do without. WWJ’s Rob Sanford reports Detroit firehouses are having problems with keeping supplies of toilet paper and other necessities.
Detroit firefighters say they have a shortage of things like soap, hand towels, and even toilet paper at their firehouses. The reason?
The department is moving to a new purchasing and inventory system to become more efficient in determining needs.
Fire Commissioner Donald Austin tells the Free Press, a temporary lag was caused by a change in purchasing in July. But some say the problem existed even before that time.
The problem is so bad in some places the firefighters have taken collections among themselves to buy some supplies.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)