Category: News Briefs Published on Monday, 26 November 2012 09:32 Written by Ron Dewey, WWJ
DETROIT (WWJ) – Fire broke out in a large commercial building on Detroit’s southwest side Monday morning.
Reporting from the scene — in the area of Federal and Hammond — WWJ’s Ron Dewey said he could see flames and smoke billowing from the property. That building, which was completely destroyed, housed a flea market and several small businesses.
Fire officials told WWJ when they arrived on the scene around 1:15 – 1:20 a.m., the building was completely engulfed in flames. It was unknown at the time whether anyone was inside, however, there have been no reports of injuries. And while there are homes nearby, there were no evacuations.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell? [Video} (2)
- Earn and Learn Program helps chronically unemployed find careers (1)
- "Hot Lap Ride" with Will Power and the Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix (1)
- Charlie Murphy headlines grand opening of The Comedy Zone (1)
- Gordy explains Ross relationship (3)