Category: News Briefs Published on Thursday, 13 December 2012 09:58 Written by WWJ
DETROIT (WWJ) - Detroit police are investigating a shooting that left one person dead and a second injured.
Police say the shootings happened around 5:30 a.m. on Cedargrove Street, near Gratiot Avenue and East McNichols, on the city’s northeast side.
When officers arrived on the scene, they found a dead man lying on the ground outside a home and a second man who was injured inside the home.
The injured victim was taken to the hospital and was last listed in temporary-serious condition.
Investigators are now trying to determine the circumstances surrounding the shooting.
No arrests have been made or suspects identified in the shooting. An investigation is ongoing.
The identities of those involved were not immediately released.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Detroit Police Homicide Unit at 313-596-2260 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-SPEAK-UP.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Duggan Court of Appeals Decision (1)
- Medical Marijuana Illinois: Veto Session Could Make Legal Weed A Reality (1)
- President Obama Hosts Father’s Day Luncheon At White House (1)
- Democrat: IRS Manager Denies Targeting Of Conservative Groups (1)
- Detroit Area Has Strong Legacy With African American Dealers (1)