Category: News Briefs Published on Monday, 17 December 2012 10:04 Written by thehuffingtonpost
"Low Winter Sun" is heading to AMC.
The network that's responsible for some of TV's top dramas has given a 10-episode order to "Low Winter Sun," a series from "Criminal Minds" veteran Chris Mundy, who will serve as writer, executive producer and showrunner. Mark Strong and Lennie James will star in the show.
“Endemol and Chris Mundy have produced a beautiful pilot with an incredible cast led by the insanely talented Mark Strong," Joel Stillerman, executive vice president of original programming, production and digital content, said in a statement. “We're thrilled to be moving forward with this compelling and intense new drama and look forward to returning to Detroit for production on the first season."
"Low Winter Sun" tells the story of murder and corruption in Detroit. The series starts with a cop being murdered by a fellow detective and it's based on the British miniseries of the same name. Strong also starred in the original 2006 UK miniseries "Low Winter Sun."
No premiere date for the project has been announced.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- President Obama Hosts Father’s Day Luncheon At White House (1)
- Democrat: IRS Manager Denies Targeting Of Conservative Groups (1)
- Detroit Area Has Strong Legacy With African American Dealers (1)
- What’s in Janet Jackson’s future? (4)
- Whole Foods Slammed For ‘English-Only' Policy As Petition Gathers Signatures (1)