Category: News Briefs Published on Friday, 28 December 2012 09:00 Written by WWJ
DETROIT (CBS Detroit) She never met a stick of butter she didn’t like, but restaurant owner and TV personality Paula Deen is taking time to chat with metro Detroit fans — courtesy of St. John Providence Health System.
Healthier fare than usual is expected as she promotes her books, performs a cooking demonstration and chats up the audience.
The event happens at 8 p.m. Thursday, April 25, at Sound Board at MotorCity Casino Hotel in Detroit. Tickets priced at $35 and $32 can be purchased HERE.
Deen is a chef, cooking show host, restaurateur, author, actress, and Emmy Award-winning television personality. From “Paula’s Home Cooking” on HGTV to “Top Chef” on Bravo, she has been a fixture for over a decade. Deen has authored 14 cookbooks and a memoir, and has her own magazine, Cooking with Paula Deen.
Well known for heavy, deep-fried dishes, Deen lightened things up a bit after revealing she was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. She famously owns The Lady & Sons restaurant in Savannah, Ga.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- President Obama Hosts Father’s Day Luncheon At White House (1)
- Democrat: IRS Manager Denies Targeting Of Conservative Groups (1)
- Detroit Area Has Strong Legacy With African American Dealers (1)
- What’s in Janet Jackson’s future? (4)
- Whole Foods Slammed For ‘English-Only' Policy As Petition Gathers Signatures (1)