Category: News Briefs Published on Friday, 04 January 2013 09:08 Written by Vickie Thomas, WWJ
DETROIT (WWJ) - The Presidential inauguration is just a few weeks away, January 21, and many people in the Detroit area are finalizing their plans to be in the nation’s capital for the big event.
Event organizer Letairis Clark told WWJ City Beat Reporter Vickie Thomas they are looking to fill three buses, headed to the 2013 presidential inauguration in the nation’s capitol.
“We’re on our second bus now, filling up the second bus. We plan on leaving January 19 at 11:55 p.m. at Northland Mall, and we’re going to drive to Washington D.C. Unfortunately, all the rooms in Washington are booked, so we’re going to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Maryland,” said Clark.
Prices for the bus trip and overnight hotel stay range from $215 to $350.
For more information, visit www.detroit2dc.eventbrite.com or call 248-747-3920.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- African Americans Must be a part of Detroit New Development Growth (1)
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell? [Video} (2)
- Earn and Learn Program helps chronically unemployed find careers (1)
- "Hot Lap Ride" with Will Power and the Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix (1)
- Charlie Murphy headlines grand opening of The Comedy Zone (1)