Category: News Briefs Published on Monday, 16 August 2010 11:20
Acting on an anonymous tip, Detroit police officers captured an escaped Mississippi inmate who was hiding in a home located on the northeast side Monday afternoon.
William C. Jackson, 34, escaped from Clarke County Jail on July 8 by slipping through a vent in the roof of his cell block and climbing over a 12-foot fence lined with razor wire at the top.
Jackson was convicted for possession of methamphetamines and sentenced to do 15 years in the Clarke County Jail. He is awaiting extradition back to Mississippi.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell? [Video} (1)
- Earn and Learn Program helps chronically unemployed find careers (1)
- "Hot Lap Ride" with Will Power and the Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix (1)
- Charlie Murphy headlines grand opening of The Comedy Zone (1)
- Gordy explains Ross relationship (3)