Category: News Briefs Published on Monday, 16 August 2010 18:16
On Friday, a former Oprah Winfrey Network employee filed a suit against the company for wrongful termination and discrimination.
Catherine Dunn, who suffers from multiple sclerosis, claimed in her lawsuit that after she was hired as an executive assistance in August 2008, she experienced a “hostile work environment” because of her disability, according to E! News.
She also stated that she was forced to take stress leave and a leave of absence because her MS “symptoms were exacerbated because of the workplace stress.”
She is suing for unspecified damages.
In response to an inquiry regarding the suit, a spokesperson for the network told E! News, “We have not seen the lawsuit. We are unaware of the claims. When and if we see something we will review appropriately.”
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Bamboozled: Breast Mutilation as Preventive Care? (1)
- Mike Duggan announces official run for mayor (1)
- Detroit gears up for historic March on Woodward celebration (1)
- UPDATE: Election commission decides to keep Duggan on the ballot (1)
- African Americans Must be a part of Detroit New Development Growth (1)