Category: News Briefs Published on Thursday, 17 January 2013 09:28 Written by Paul Beshouri, Curbed.com
Downtown popup Moosejaw is digging Detroit so much that it just might stay forever, depending on whether or not sales remain strong. Originally scheduled to close December 22, the "outdoor outfitter" now has plans to remain open until at least the end of February. Moosejaw is renting the downtown space on a month-to-month basis from Dan Gilbert's Bedrock Real Estate, and it's hard to imagine Mr. Retail himself letting this fish off the hook. Especially when it's such a quirky, locally-owned fish. The Free Press tells us that Moosejaw would be the first major retailer to open up downtown since CVS set up shop near Campus Martius in 2006.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Duggan Court of Appeals Decision (1)
- Medical Marijuana Illinois: Veto Session Could Make Legal Weed A Reality (1)
- President Obama Hosts Father’s Day Luncheon At White House (1)
- Democrat: IRS Manager Denies Targeting Of Conservative Groups (1)
- Detroit Area Has Strong Legacy With African American Dealers (1)