Category: News Briefs Published on Tuesday, 29 January 2013 09:05 Written by WWJ
DETROIT (WWJ) - Officials say one child is dead and another is hospitalized after they were pulled out of a burning home in southwest Detroit Tuesday morning.
Authorities say crews responded to a fire at a residence on Tarnow Street, just north of I-94, around 7:05 a.m.
Officials say the children were taken to Henry Ford Hospital, where one of them was pronounced dead. The extent of the other child’s injuries is unknown.
WWJ’s Mike Campbell reports the children were left home alone at the time of the fire, and police are now speaking with their mother.
Circumstances surrounding the incident weren’t immediately clear, and identities of those involved haven’t yet been released.
An investigation is ongoing.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Mike Duggan announces official run for mayor (1)
- Detroit gears up for historic March on Woodward celebration (1)
- UPDATE: Election commission decides to keep Duggan on the ballot (1)
- African Americans Must be a part of Detroit New Development Growth (1)
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell? [Video} (2)