Category: News Briefs Published on Thursday, 07 February 2013 08:59 Written by huffingtonpost
From April 10 to 14, Midtown venues including the Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit, the Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History and the Detroit Institute of Arts will host events and work created by the 38 Kresge Eminent Artists and Kresge Artist Fellowship Awardees, listed below.
Art X Detroit is funded by the Kresge Foundation and produced by Midtown Detroit, Inc. The development organization's president, Sue Mosey, explained why they felt Midtown was the perfect setting for a large-scale arts event.
“As home to Detroit’s Cultural Center and a neighborhood that values creativity, we are excited to host this spectacular arts celebration in Midtown,” Mosey said in a statement.
A schedule of events is forthcoming. We can barely wait: after last year's DLECTRICITY, the Detroit Design Festival, and Belle Isle Public Art Exhibit, we can't seem to get enough of arts festivals -- and either can Detroit.
2011 - 2012 Kresge Eminent Artist Award and Kresge Artist Fellowship awardees:
Bill Harris (2011)
Naomi Long Madgett (2012)
Visual Arts Fellows (2011)
Literary Arts Fellows (2012)
Cheryl A. Alston
Mary Jo Firth Gillet
Performing Arts Fellows (2012)
Don “Doop” Duprie
Natasha “T” Miller
Xiao Dong Wei
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)