Category: News Briefs Published on Tuesday, 19 February 2013 08:44 Written by huffingtonpost
Detroit's got its own "Harlem Shake" craze, and we want our readers to weigh in on the insanity.
The original 30-second videos include an entire family, with one masked dancer grooving unnoticed in a crowd of people. When the bass drops, that's when all hell breaks loose. After a brief camera freeze, that crowd is now costumed, possibly half-naked, definitely dancing with an element of possession for 15 hilarious seconds.
But why are we bothering explaining this to you? These videos are only 30 seconds long!
Who did it best? We rounded up our picks, taking into account the ingenuity of the setting, production value and general LOL appeal.
Click through the slideshow to see the best of the Michigan "Harlem Shakes," and let us know in the comments who grooved their way into your hearts.
Editorial note: This meme better not ever replace the "Detroit Hustle."
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Duggan Court of Appeals Decision (1)
- Medical Marijuana Illinois: Veto Session Could Make Legal Weed A Reality (1)
- President Obama Hosts Father’s Day Luncheon At White House (1)
- Democrat: IRS Manager Denies Targeting Of Conservative Groups (1)
- Detroit Area Has Strong Legacy With African American Dealers (1)