Category: News Briefs Published on Monday, 25 February 2013 09:00 Written by Joy Resmovits, huffingtonpost
Despite the constantly gloomy rhetoric about the state of America's schools, U.S. students are steadily improving by at least one metric -- for the first time, the nation is making enough progress in graduating from high school to reach the goal of 90 percent graduation by 2020, according to a new report to be released Monday.
"This is our fourth annual update," said John Bridgeland, an author of the report, titled "Building a Grad Nation." "Previously we've been able to focus on school districts making double-digit gains but we always have to pivot and say the pace of progress is too slow. Now, we have hopeful news."
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Bamboozled: Breast Mutilation as Preventive Care? (1)
- Mike Duggan announces official run for mayor (1)
- Detroit gears up for historic March on Woodward celebration (1)
- UPDATE: Election commission decides to keep Duggan on the ballot (1)
- African Americans Must be a part of Detroit New Development Growth (1)