Victoria Woodyard Pickard, mother of William F. Pickard, passed away on Tuesday, Sept. 14. Mrs. Pickard had been a Michigan resident since 1955 when she and her husband relocated from Troup County, Ga. After her son, William, founder of Global Automotive Alliance, ushered Victoria into early retirement she continued to spread joy to friends and family. She dedicated her retirement years to caring for numerous siblings and family members, sharing her cooking skills, and serving on the usher board at Mt. Carmel Baptist Church.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)