Category: News Briefs Published on Friday, 08 March 2013 08:45 Written by huffingtonpost
Michigan cyclists already eager for the spring thaw now have another reason to get excited. A plan to build a hiking and biking trail from Detroit to Wisconsin is moving forward. A meeting is scheduled for March 18 at Northern Michigan University's Bottum University Center to take public input and discuss what needs to be done to make the trail a reality, the Mining Journal reports. The proposed 924-mile trail would stretch from Belle Isle, Detroit's island park, to Ironwood, Mich. on the border of Wisconsin, connecting existing pathways like the North Central State Trail.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Mike Duggan announces official run for mayor (1)
- Detroit gears up for historic March on Woodward celebration (1)
- UPDATE: Election commission decides to keep Duggan on the ballot (1)
- African Americans Must be a part of Detroit New Development Growth (1)
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell? [Video} (2)