Category: Breaking News Published on Friday, 13 July 2012 12:17 Written by WWJ
DETROIT - For the 5th year in a row, former Detroit Lions all-pro lineman, Lomas Brown, will be hosting two free football camps for local high school athletes. They will be held on July 20 at Robichaud High School in Dearborn Heights and the following week on July 27-28 at MLK High School in Detroit.
Both camps run from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. and are free for all high school athletes.
“I really love being able to offer a free camp to the high school athletes here in Detroit,” said Brown in a release.”We do this camp every year and each year it keeps getting better and we have great local supporters that make this happen like Meijer, Fathead, Happy’s Pizza and more.”
Both camps are for lineman in grades 9-12 and are open to any football players across metro Detroit. All campers will receive a free t-shirt, lunch and awards given by Lomas Brown for the camp MVP’s and competition winners.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- UPDATE: Election commission decides to keep Duggan on the ballot (1)
- African Americans Must be a part of Detroit New Development Growth (1)
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell? [Video} (2)
- Earn and Learn Program helps chronically unemployed find careers (1)
- "Hot Lap Ride" with Will Power and the Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix (1)