Category: Breaking News Published on Monday, 16 July 2012 09:25 Written by Huffington Post
WOLFEBORO, N.H. (AP) — Republican Mitt Romney is talking about his presidential campaign with Oprah Winfrey.
The presumptive GOP nominee and his wife, Ann, met with Winfrey on Friday for an interview that will be published in O, The Oprah Magazine. Romney aides late Saturday said the conversation took place as the Romneys were ready to begin a leisurely weekend at their lakefront house in Wolfeboro, N.H.
The aides would not discuss the interview topics or tone before its publication.
Winfrey in 2007 broke her long-standing rule against supporting politicians and came out for Barack Obama. She became one his strongest advocates and helped him win over female voters.
The former queen of daytime talk shows still supports the Democratic president but doesn't plan to revive her role for him as he seeks re-election.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell? [Video} (2)
- Earn and Learn Program helps chronically unemployed find careers (1)
- "Hot Lap Ride" with Will Power and the Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix (1)
- Charlie Murphy headlines grand opening of The Comedy Zone (1)
- Gordy explains Ross relationship (3)