Category: Breaking News Published on Tuesday, 17 July 2012 09:21 Written by Huffington Post
Obama Kiss Cam: Cheering Crowd And Arena Camera Get First Couple To Pucker Up
WASHINGTON — There's nothing like a little booing to help the first couple overcome their shyness.
President Barack Obama and his wife, Michelle, were taking in Monday night's USA Basketball exhibition game when the Verizon Center's "Kiss Cam" turned its eye their way. Their image on the huge arena screen prompted the crowd to cheer – a not-so-subtle hint that Obama plant one on the first lady.
Both smiled, but Obama just put his arm around his wife as the game resumed. That cautious reaction brought some boos.
Obama got a do-over later in the game when the Kiss Cam swung back his way. This time he delivered, giving Mrs. Obama a big kiss on the lips. And a peck on the forehead for good measure.
And the crowd roared.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Bamboozled: Breast Mutilation as Preventive Care? (1)
- Mike Duggan announces official run for mayor (1)
- Detroit gears up for historic March on Woodward celebration (1)
- UPDATE: Election commission decides to keep Duggan on the ballot (1)
- African Americans Must be a part of Detroit New Development Growth (1)