Category: Breaking News Published on Monday, 06 August 2012 10:13 Written by wwj
DETROIT (WWJ) - Detroit police are investigating a shooting following an altercation overnight at the Detroit Princess riverboat, which was docked along the Detroit riverfront.
(WWJ Photo/Mike Campbell)
Police told WWJ Newsradio 950 seven people were shot after the boat docked at about 1 a.m. Monday.
Detroit Police Sgt. Alan Quinn said the incident was sparked by an argument on the boat. A woman who was part of the group went to her car to get a gun during the dispute and when she returned she opened fire on the crowd.
Victims suffered only minor injuries, police said.
Quinn said it’s going to take time to figure out exactly what happened because hundreds of people were on the boat at the time.
No suspects are in custody.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)