Category: Breaking News Published on Monday, 13 August 2012 08:50 Written by Huffington Post
REPORT: Miami Dolphins Release Chad ‘Ochocinco’ Johnson
The recent domestic violence allegations against Chad ‘Ochocinco’ Johnson, 34,for assaulting his new wife, Evelyn Lozada, have reportedly proven too much for the Miami Dolphins. According to CBSSports.com, he was released today from the team.
CBS Sports reports:
The Miami Dolphins have released Chad Johnson. This is not a shock. In any way.
In the end, several sources within the organization told CBSSports.com, the team simply did not believe Johnson’s story that his alleged head butt of his wife was accidental.
“His story wasn’t believable to almost anyone in the organization,” said a source.
A source also said that when Johnson joined the Dolphins he was warned explicitly by the team not to create any distractions, and, if he did, the repercussions would be swift.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)