Category: Breaking News Published on Monday, 13 August 2012 08:50 Written by Huffington Post
REPORT: Miami Dolphins Release Chad ‘Ochocinco’ Johnson
The recent domestic violence allegations against Chad ‘Ochocinco’ Johnson, 34,for assaulting his new wife, Evelyn Lozada, have reportedly proven too much for the Miami Dolphins. According to CBSSports.com, he was released today from the team.
CBS Sports reports:
The Miami Dolphins have released Chad Johnson. This is not a shock. In any way.
In the end, several sources within the organization told CBSSports.com, the team simply did not believe Johnson’s story that his alleged head butt of his wife was accidental.
“His story wasn’t believable to almost anyone in the organization,” said a source.
A source also said that when Johnson joined the Dolphins he was warned explicitly by the team not to create any distractions, and, if he did, the repercussions would be swift.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Bamboozled: Breast Mutilation as Preventive Care? (1)
- Mike Duggan announces official run for mayor (1)
- Detroit gears up for historic March on Woodward celebration (1)
- UPDATE: Election commission decides to keep Duggan on the ballot (1)
- African Americans Must be a part of Detroit New Development Growth (1)