Gov. Rick Snyder has announced the appointment of Darrell Burks, of Franklin, to the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan board of directors.
The 35-member board is the governing body of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.
Burks recently retired following a nearly 35-year career with PricewaterhouseCoopers. With the firm, he specialized in business risk and internal control matters, and delivered a wide range of audit and related business advisory services to clients in the corporate, government, nonprofit and education sectors. He is a member of the Detroit Financial Advisory board.
Burks will serve a two-year term that expires Feb. 18, 2014. His appointment is subject to the advice and consent of the Senate.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)