Category: Breaking News Published on Tuesday, 21 August 2012 10:01 Written by WDIV
Jury selection begins Tuesday in Kilpatrick federal trial. Jury selection in trial against Kwame Kilpatrick, Bobby Ferguson, Bernard Kilpatrick, Victor Mercado continues Tuesday.
Former Detroit mayor Kwame Kilpatrick will be back in court Tuesday as the jury selection process continues in the federal corruption trial against him.
Kilpatrick, his father, Bernard Kilpatrick, contractor Bobby Ferguson and former Detroit water department director Victor Mercado all face charges in the case which accuses the men of participating in a criminal enterprise.
A pool of 400 prospective jurors will be reduced to 80 based on answers to questionnaires which were filled out this past week.
Traditional questioning will select the final jury members who will hear testimony beginning Sept. 6.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)