Category: Breaking News Published on Tuesday, 04 September 2012 01:21 Written by wxyz.com
DETROIT (WXYZ) - After the Obama team struggled over the weekend to answer the question "are you better off today than you were four years ago?", today the Vice President had a clear response.
"You want to know whether we’re better off," asked Biden. "Osama bin Laden is dead and General Motors is alive.”
Vice President Biden addressed a supportive crowd after today’s annual Labor Day rally in Detroit.
"This country faces the starkest choice in my memory," Biden told the crowd.
Biden took jabs at Governor Mitt Romney and touted Democrats as the protectors of Medicare.
"It's simple folks we're for Medicare, they're for Vouchercare," said Biden. "And if they win people are in trouble."
Biden touched on protecting collective bargaining and keeping jobs at home.
Gwen Thomas of West Bloomfield, who attended the speech and recently had to close up her small business, says she still supports President Obama despite her personal loss.
"Well I think he’s still the man because it can’t be done in four years," said Thomas.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- UPDATE: Election commission decides to keep Duggan on the ballot (1)
- African Americans Must be a part of Detroit New Development Growth (1)
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell? [Video} (2)
- Earn and Learn Program helps chronically unemployed find careers (1)
- "Hot Lap Ride" with Will Power and the Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix (1)