Category: Breaking News Published on Wednesday, 12 September 2012 00:00 Written by WDIV
Ford Motor Co. is prepared to promote Mark Fields to chief operating officer, according to published reports.
Fields is the current president of the Americas. His move to COO could put him in a position to be CEO Alan Mulally's successor, a person familiar with the plan told Bloomberg. Mulally would retire at the end of 2013.
Fields has been with Ford for more than 20 years.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)