Category: Breaking News Published on Monday, 24 September 2012 11:40 Written by Huffington Post
ABC "This Week" host George Stephanopoulos asked Ann Coulter to further discuss what he called a controversial comment the conservative pundit made in her new book: that "various groups [including] gay rights groups, those defending immigrants, and feminists have commandeered the black civil rights experience."
Coulter said that she thought that "civil rights are for blacks" because the U.S. has a "legacy of slavery and Jim Crow laws."
She added, "We don't owe the homeless. We don't owe feminists. We don't owe women who are desirous of having abortions, or gays who want to get married to one another." She said that "much of the left...dropped the blacks after five minutes" to argue for "civil rights" for other groups of people.
Stephanopoulos interrupted Coulter asking, "Immigrant rights are not civil rights?" Coulter confirmed that she only thinks "civil rights are for blacks."
She argued, "What have we done to the immigrants? We owe black people something. We have a legacy of slavery. Immigrants haven 't even been in this country.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Mike Duggan announces official run for mayor (1)
- Detroit gears up for historic March on Woodward celebration (1)
- UPDATE: Election commission decides to keep Duggan on the ballot (1)
- African Americans Must be a part of Detroit New Development Growth (1)
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell? [Video} (2)