Category: Breaking News Published on Thursday, 27 September 2012 12:42 Written by WHTC.com
DETROIT (WKZO) -- A federal corruption case against former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick continues.
According to officials, the prosecution will now turn its focus on Kilpatrick's wife Carlita. During the first few days of the trial, the court heard from people who claim that the former mayor stashed money throughout his home in places such as vacuum cleaners and pairs of shoes.
The question the prosecution is expected to focus on over the next few days is, was the money that Contractor Bobby Ferguson was giving to Carlita Kilpatrick really being used for charitable purposes.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)