Category: Breaking News Published on Thursday, 27 September 2012 12:42 Written by WHTC.com
DETROIT (WKZO) -- A federal corruption case against former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick continues.
According to officials, the prosecution will now turn its focus on Kilpatrick's wife Carlita. During the first few days of the trial, the court heard from people who claim that the former mayor stashed money throughout his home in places such as vacuum cleaners and pairs of shoes.
The question the prosecution is expected to focus on over the next few days is, was the money that Contractor Bobby Ferguson was giving to Carlita Kilpatrick really being used for charitable purposes.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell? [Video} (2)
- Earn and Learn Program helps chronically unemployed find careers (1)
- "Hot Lap Ride" with Will Power and the Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix (1)
- Charlie Murphy headlines grand opening of The Comedy Zone (1)
- Gordy explains Ross relationship (3)