Category: Breaking News Published on Wednesday, 03 October 2012 12:04 Written by The Root
BET launched "Don't Sleep" Monday night, its news/talk show vehicle for longtime CNN newsman T.J. Holmes. "We are promoting this show on-air, in-market -- we have a Don't Sleep Tour bus that has been to nearly 20 cities including the RNC, DNC and CBC!" spokeswoman Jeanine D. Liburd told Journal-isms by email Monday, referring to the Republican and Democratic national conventions and the recent Congressional Black Caucus legislative conference in Washington.
A Times Square promotion "started last week and continues throughout this week. It's a major billboard on 45th street and Broadway AND from 10-11p we have a billboard video roadblock across several screens. It's a BIG deal!!"
Holmes tweeted on Saturday, "Just drove through Times Square and saw myself on the big screen. Gotta call my mom and tell her I finally made it. #ArkansastoNY" Watch online.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Duggan Court of Appeals Decision (1)
- Medical Marijuana Illinois: Veto Session Could Make Legal Weed A Reality (1)
- President Obama Hosts Father’s Day Luncheon At White House (1)
- Democrat: IRS Manager Denies Targeting Of Conservative Groups (1)
- Detroit Area Has Strong Legacy With African American Dealers (1)