Category: Breaking News Published on Friday, 05 October 2012 15:49 Written by WWJ
WAYNE (WWJ) The residents in a Senior Apartment Tower in Wayne say they’re dealing with a creepy crawly problem — bed bugs.
The company that manages the Wayne Towers says they’re working on getting rid of the problem. National Church Residences says they checked all 154 units in the senior complex in August and found bed bugs in seven units.
The company says the protocol requires three treatments per unit, and the extermination contractor is on the third treatment now.
“Lynn,” who moved into Wayne Towers just 4 months ago, says she has no problem with bed bugs in her unit. But she knows it’s not as uncommon a problem as it was not too long ago.
And she’s satisfied with the company’s response.
“I protected myself, things like putting bed bug mattress covers on and box spring covers … I’m not going to take any chances of having to replace my furniture or my bed,” the resident said.
She added it’s not necessarily anyone’s fault.
“They’re all over the world, Hilton, the Renaissance, they’re everywhere,” the resident said.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- UPDATE: Election commission decides to keep Duggan on the ballot (1)
- African Americans Must be a part of Detroit New Development Growth (1)
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell? [Video} (2)
- Earn and Learn Program helps chronically unemployed find careers (1)
- "Hot Lap Ride" with Will Power and the Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix (1)